Nine Oregon Tree Farm System (OTFS) members have been nominated for 2017 Outstanding Tree Farmers of the Year. Inspectors are visiting these nominees this summer and the selection of Oregon’s 2017 Outstanding Tree Farmers of the Year will be made at the OTFS Annual Meeting on Saturday, October 21st at the Oregon Garden in Silverton.
All family forest landowners are invited to participate in the meeting program and awards luncheon.
Download the complete OTFS Annual Meeting Flyer and Registration here.
County nominees are:
- Clackamas County – Bob and Marianne Kahl – Conerstone Farm nominated by OSWA’s Clackamas County Chapter
- Columbia County – Eve Lonnquist – Cedar Row Farm, LLC nominated by OSWA’s Columbia County Chapter
- Klamath County – Ken and Linda Dollinger – The South 40 nominated by Oregon Department of Forestry Stewardship Forester and OSWA member Kellie Carlsen
- Lane County – Steve and Wylda Cafferata – Cafferatta Family Forest nominated by OSWA’s Lane County Chapter
- Lincoln County – Mike Newton – Newton Family Forest, Eddyville nominated by OSWA’s Lincoln County Chapter
- Linn County – Ivan and Rebecca Wolthuis – - Mountain Springs Tree Farm nominated by OSWA’s Linn County Chapter
- Polk County – David Hibbs and Sarah Karr – Cedar Spring Tree Farm nominated by OSWA’s Benton County Chapter
- Washington County – Steve and Lynn Harrel – Scotch-Berry Tree Farm nominated by OSWA’s Washington County Chapter
- Yamhill County – Edward and Patricia Zakocs – Rocking EZ Acres nominated by OSWA’s Yamhill County Chapter
The nominating chapter of the 2017 Outstanding Tree Farmer of the Year will be asked to sponsor OSWA’s 2018 Annual Meeting in conjunction with the Outstanding Tree Farmer of the Year woods tour.