Date: November 21, 2016 Time: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Place: World Forestry Center
- Oregon Tree Farm System
- Oregon Small Woodlands Association
- Oregon Department of Forestry
- Oregon Forest Resources Institute
- OSU Forestry & Natural Resources Extension
- USDA Forest Service
Celebrating Our Heritage:
Focusing on Our Future Succession Planning for Your Tree Farm
Time: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m
Place: Cheatham Hall, World Forestry Center
- Tammy Cushing, OSU Forestry & Natural Resources Extension
- Rick Barnes, Nickel Mountain LLC, 2014 Tree Farmer of the Year
- Clint Bentz, CPA, 2002 National Tree Farmer of the Year
- Dick Courter, OTFS Memorial Fund
- Caroline Kuebler, American Forest Foundation
- Julie Woodward, Oregon Forest Resources Institute
- Annual Meeting, Workshop and Recognition Luncheon
Download the complete flyer here
Annual Meeting, Workshop and Recognition Luncheon
Do you have a succession plan for your tree farm? As American Tree Farm System celebrates its
75th anniversary, it’s a good time to look ahead at the next 75 years. Good succession planning is a
way of building shared vision and passion for the land among the family. A panel of presenters will
discuss succession planning and provide insight into important discussions to have with heirs and/or
charitable planned giving entities. Bring your family for the workshop; there will be time for any
questions you might have about communication and legal aspects of succession planning.
Tree Farm Recognition Luncheon Time: 11:45 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Place: Miller Hall, World Forestry Center
The workshop will be followed by a brief Oregon Tree Farm System business meeting and then a lunch honoring the County Tree Farmers of the Year. The high point of the day will be a video featuring all the County Tree Farmers of the Year and the announcement of the Oregon Tree Farmer of the Year for 2016. The workshop is free; the luncheon is $30 per person ($15 for each additional family member after 2 full registrations).
For more information, contact Anne Hanschu at 503-357-2551 or email@example.com.