OSWA has put out a new edition of its newsletter – Oregon Family Forest News. We encourage all members to read it – it’s got a lot of important information and news on upcoming dates!
OSWA’s August Newsletter – Family Forest New is available to download!
Didn’t get a chance to read OSWA’s June Newsletter – Family Forest New? Don’t worry! You can catch up here.
In celebration of Port Blakely Tree Farms LP’s 150th anniversary Port Blakely and OSWA are offering college scholarships for up to $1000 to the children and grandchildren of OSWA members who are enrolled in a natural resource college Winter Term 2015. The scholarships are available because of a gift from Port Blake.
To apply a student must be:
- A child or grandchild of an OSWA member in good standing and
- Enrolled as a full time student during Winter Term 2015 in a natural resource degree college program
Applicants must provide:
- Name, address, phone, and email address
- Name, address, and phone for their parent or grandparent who is an OSWA member in good standing
- Evidence of being registered as a winter term student in a natural resource college degree, as a junior or senior
- A minimum 500 word essay about the applicant’s goals in their professional career following graduation
- Letter of recommendation from someone aware of the student’s interest in natural resources such as a parent, grandparent, councilor, employer, etc.
An OSWA Scholarship Committee appointed by the Executive Committee will determine how the scholarships are distributed. It is intended that the successful applicants will receive their scholarships sometime in 2015 during the Winter Term. Application deadline is February 25, 2015.
Applicants do not need to use an official application form, but one is attached to link (**see below**).
Port Blakely has been a longtime supporter of family forest values and a member and supporter of OSWA. They are also a Gold OSWA Patron. Port Blakely Tree Farm is part of the Port Blakely Companies which was founded in 1864 on Bainbridge Island in Washington as Port Blakely Mills. Port Blakely Companies share a common set of values – integrity, respect, quality, innovation, and environmental stewardship. They have a history of supporting family forest owners in Oregon and Washington in a variety of ways.
October Family Forest Newsletter – OSWA’s newsletter – is here!
Volume 3, Issue 2
Topics include coverage of OSWA’s testimony at the Board of Forestry Meeting, the Executive Director’s Report and info on Preparing for Another Fire Season!
The two most recent Oregon Family Forests Newsletters are now available online. Click here to see full versions.
Topics include information on the upcoming 2014 OSWA and OTFS EVents, such as Leadership Academy and Annual Meetings. See Scott Hayes’ OSWA Pesident’s Message and learn of many upcoming dates and events.
There’s over 45 pages of great OSWA and local information!
Find out about our upcoming OSWA Annual Meeting and special activities.